EVENTS & CATERING
Saturday 30th April 2011
Formerly the Executive Chef at The Hyatt Hotel Canberra and now the EC at The Chifley Hotel in Wollongong, Peter Washbourne has organised a series of Master Cooking Classes. This Saturday I am giving the Mistress Cooking Class on the theme - FEAST LOCALLY - sourcing most of the menu from the Illawarra, Southern Highlands and Sydney Basin. the gig is from 11.00 until 2.00 and includes lunch. Contact the Hotel on 4201 2111 to book in - soon.
Most Saturday mornings from 0700 - 0900, I can be found catching up with passionate farming friends at the Canberra Farmers Markets where they bring their nourishing and delicious foods. These friends include -
- John and Tom Fairley from their Country Valley dairy at Picton;
- John and Debbie Cantrill, organic vegie growers from Nashdale near Orange;
- Grahame Davidson from Hillside Orchards at Nashdale and Borenore;
- Lesley Williams from Small Cow Farm and her fabulous cheeses;
- Peter Edmunds from Lindsay & Edmunds Organic chocolates [because they are organic, they are calorie-free!!]
- Gary Bruce from Brindabella Birds'n Bees free-range eggs and honey;
- Claire Keenan from Kiwi Kitchen - fabulous quiche and cake maker;
- Sam Walker from Amore cakes......luscious.......simply luscious.......
- Noel Arrold from Li-Sun Exotic Mushrooms at Mittagong;
- Helen and Ian Chu from Majestic Mushrooms near Murrumbateman;
- Rick Morris from Leeton whose collective family produces avocadoes, oranges, lemons, mandarins, grapefruit, figs and peaches
The Bush Goddess LOVES to source, prepare and share
the fabulous foods from their network of passionate producers and cater
for all types of events. Keep in mind we can easily provide a complete
gluten-free, vegetarian or vegan menu for you....here are some delicious
samples - a winter feast, a mid-summer cocktail party, a long, leisurely lunch and a garden christening.The Yass Landcare Soils for Life seminar in October 2009 - the menu:
Bush Goddess Foods catered for the 250 delegates to this fully-booked seminar, using foods directly from farming families who use healthy soils - thus making a very clear connection between nourishing foods and happy, healthy eaters!
The Menu for the day included morning smoko, lunch and arvo smoko with-
- Gluten-free decadent chocolate brownies and Mel Clift's delicious lemon slice / apple, pear & walnut cake / apple crumble slice and mini orange syrup cakes
- Lunch was a choice of Gundooee Organic Wagyu burgers with onion jam, aioli, and fresh tomatoes and lettuce in locally made wholegrain buns or Vegetarian quiches made from free-range eggs and proper cream
- Arvo smoko was platters of South Coast Club Blue cheese [from Erica Dibden at Bodalla], Nowra Farmhouse Brie and Highland Organic fresco peccorino with the famous Bush Goddess desert dukkah; marinated baby figs; Australian dates and
- Baskets of fruit from Hillside Orchards and Morris Farms at Leeton;
- All the milk came from Country Valley at Picton, plus the Picton Valley apple and blackcurrant juice and Eco Springs filters for endless water throughout the day.
- N.B........and no instant coffee in sight......we used coffee bags which were appreciated by the discerning audience!